27 March 2009

restart


Ok it's official: the bathroom floor is complete, round deux. And I think this one's gonna take! After being sans bathroom for the day yesterday, I returned to find a lovely new floor - with the seam between the two bath rooms in the right place - and breathed a major sigh of relief. This bathroom project has really set me back in terms of cleaning, house organization projects and my emotional stability. I am just so glad to have this almost wrapped up.

I also headed back to yoga this week. And while I'm very, very sore today I realized upon waking that my neck is no longer knotted to within an inch of its (my?) life. I've been miserable in the neck department for weeks now and threatening to return to the chiro while simultaneously hoping that the administration's economic stimulus package would provide me less-overpriced access to him. And not wanting to spend money frivously (you know, like on my health) I've been waiting.

But yoga. Oh man. My instructor ROCKS and, as usual, I found that spending a lot of time in shoulder stand really helped my neck and upper shoulders get themselves realigned again. This position is actually really easy to get into and, if you can hang out there for awhile, does wonders. According to YogaJournal.com (where I nabbed this great photo), this pose is also good to help relieve stress and mild depression, along with stimulating abdominal organs and improving digestion. No wonder I feel better! But most importantly, my head actually rotates on my neck properly again. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment