10 March 2009

gloom rx

Today is one of those late winter days in the Midwest when we wonder, truly, will spring ever come? We've had 2 straight days of overcast, foggy, spitting gloom from the sky...and a promise of snow today. I don't think we'll be anywhere near the 10-15 inches they're predicting for northern MN but still. I don't want to think about snow at all. I want to think about cute open-toed sandals and sitting on my deck with the sun on my face, drinking my morning tea.

So I'm improvising. Because sometimes you've just gotta fake it until you make it. Lots of warm light around the loft this morning - some plain basic candles in strategic spots. Some wonderfully nummy scented candles, like my favorite Votivo Deep Clover, adding a little dimension to the flat day. Upbeat music. Freshly juiced orange juice. Crossing fingers...

These candles rock although, forgive me, they're not overly green. They're made of a really high quality parafin wax (meaning super long burn time) and they do have a nice papercore wick, so that's a plus. The end product is a beautifully handmade, hand packaged little lovely. They are incredibly scented and I've found that Deep Clover will actually remove any funky odor from your home - fish cooked in olive oil, cake overflowed onto oven floor, what have you - it just seems to eat the unwanted scent. I burn these very judiciously because they're not cheap; but at times, they're just what the doctor ordered.

PS - for those that have been eagerly awaiting the much more eco-friendly soy candles that I've been pimping for years, hang in there just a little longer. We're close to an assortment breakthrough that I think will make everyone happy! More to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment