14 February 2009

pucker up

In honor of the holiday and, again, because of my feverish quest for all things springy, I had to mention the luscious lipgloss I scooped up recently.

To set the background on this, a few years ago I set out to put together a little retail shop featuring primarily organic and natural beauty, bath and similar girliesque products. And I road tested a LOT of stuff. One of my favorite finds at the time was a beautiful little pot of lipgloss from Lucy B. Cosmetics. Lucy B. specializes in using yummy botanicals and essential oils in the creation of a very well-edited line.

My first experience was Nudie, a most perfect pinky-brown gloss that smells like a sugary confection. I was in love. Then, just a week or so ago I snagged a little Lucy B. threesome with a fresh pot of Nudie, the clear and lovely Stung Lips Lemon Myrtle Lemonade Balm, and finally - the answer to my cabin fever - Pink Bikini. This is a very cheeky chicky pink balm, sheer but with just enough pink color to make me feel like I should be on a beach sipping something with an umbrella in it. So delicious. With a generous dose of my M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish (mine's called Petticoat; think shimmery pearly bronzer), I almost feel like I've had that sunny mid-winter break that I so desperately need. Shhhh...don't ruin my daydream.

Happy Valentine's Day. Mwwwwaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment