11 April 2009

the 3/50 project



Man, am I jazzed about this. Last week mom was telling me about this project after having seen a news piece about it. It's smart primarily because it's simple; they've made it very easy for the average joe to understand and get behind. A total nobrainer. As you know, I'm a big supporter of the local economies and bringing together those who produce products, those who sell products and those who buy products in a very cost-effective, planet friendly and sustainable manner. I think the more people understand and appreciate what the local economies bring to their lives, they'll likewise vote with their dollars. I'm proud to know that I have impact in my local area and proud to spread the word. And I'm even further proud that this phenomenon started right here in the Twin Cities. Aren't we smart? Cheers Cinda!

And for me, this means I'll choose from a wonderful assortment of retailers (and restaurants too; while this program focuses on retailers, let's not forget our favorite neighborhood spots to chow down) in Saint Paul such as:


  • the Saint Paul Farmer's Market (not exactly a retailer but clearly needs support; I predict a banner year for our market)
  • Mississippi Market - was a college staple for me and I've been meaning to be more supportive; now's a great time to get on board
  • Bibelot Shops - tons of seasonal cuteness, picked up some...well, bibelots for my mom for Easter
  • Corazon (ok, across the Marshall bridge from St. Paul but close enough and SO CUTE)...festive, arty and irreverant selection
  • Elva Pottery (Grand & Dale) - am in love with their bowls
  • Ecotique/Nature of Beauty - so good, so green. All natural beauty products, to boot. Terri pulls together a smart and cool vibe. Loved my green makeover!
  • Phresh - both for services and for products; see Megan for best facials and wax services
  • StormSister Spatique - new find in St. Paul, love that they carry new Intelligent Nutrients line...and fun blog too!
  • Paper Patisserie - love the wrap and ribbons
  • Karma - great clothes and accessories, love the new location
  • The Yarnery - my knitting obsession increased proportionately to the incredible amounts of beautiful yarns stocked here. To wit, my new Misti Alpaca in sushi. Lots of free patterns and helpful assistance.
  • Cooks of Crocus Hill - classes, Oxo storage containers, All-Clad pans and so much more; what's not to love?
  • Ten Thousand Villages - fair trade and unique; I always find great gifts here
  • Garden of Eden - has my favorite bath salts, Dresdener Essenz
  • Haskell's - I loved finding their Naples location when I was on vacation on year, talk about bringing home along for the ride!
  • Thomas Liquors - will always love this tiny Grand Ave shop

No comments:

Post a Comment