23 March 2010

and olé to you



I'm a ridiculously huge fan of Elizabeth Gilbert - she of the Eat, Pray, Love fame and untold other pieces of writing genius.  What I love most about her writing style (and that of another of my all-time favorites, Martha Beck) is that their voice - their personal, wonderous, unique sounding voice - comes through so resoundingly in their words.  For me, this is what I strive for when writing.  Either for myself or for my clients, it's my sincerest goal to have that honest, true voice speak through my words.  Sometimes it's professional, branded and on-message.  Sometimes it's funny, forthright and a tad sassy.  Regardless, I always hope that I can bring the voice through the message so that it connects and resonates with the people to whom it's directed.

I love how Liz talks here about this insane idea of creative genius, spreading out the love/blame for the quality of writing and just continuing the work regardless.  Olé indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment